- This event has passed.
August 29 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Club Duathlon Series 2019
The last event in the Club Duathlon Series is at Millstone / Bennachie on 29th August.
Thursday August 29th @ Millstone (cakes at Bennachie Centre afterwards depending on numbers and weather).
- As you know these are fun internal event for all club members. While for members only, anyone is welcomed to join the club and race all/any of the events. So please do let others know of the races and encourage them to join the club.
- Next event planned for Millstone on August 29th. Race will start at 7.15pm from the car park (see map), so let’s be ready for a 7pm briefing.
- Links above have the Strava routes for the bike and run. Strongly recommend you recce the course beforehand as signage will be limited, especially on the bike route. Plenty of time to do, so no excuses come race day!!
- Safety: I will do a proper safety assessment over next few weeks but few comments:
- Speed: While a race, your safety is your responsibility, so please go at a speed that you are comfortable with! The course is not too technical, but there are few fast downhill section.
- Bikes: Jamie has in the past said MTB only, but in the interest of inclusion, gravel bikes can be used too. Route is not suitable for road bikes.
Other users: Maybe forestry work and other recreational users on course. Please observe and respect other users. Jamie will check few days beforehand for any forestry activities and we will need to react to this accordingly, but no major operations are planned. On the return leg and back into transition, there will be spectators and other potential vehicles on the road, please ride with care!
Weather: Dress accordingly, who knows what it will be!